YT "error" message...?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• YT "error" message...?

Anzeige
    Sorry for bad title, did not know what to say, because I don't even get it.

When I upload vids recently, it gives me this message.

"The MOV/MP4 file you uploaded contains the index at the end. We prefer you flatten the file before uploading so that the index is in the front of the file. See this article for more information."
    It still seems to take and process them, but whats the deal with it. And what do I do to "fix" it?
    Thank you for reading this, and I be even more thankful for help.
  • RE: YT "error" message...?

I got that some problem from time to time,too. It even caused cancelling of my uploads. So that's the reason why I have converted all my files from MOV/MP4 into WMV. Since I changed them, my uploads have been become better and I didn't get that error message anymore. Probably that'll do to help you out with your problem.

I found some information and links, which might be helpful. ;]

Click here The MOV/MP4 file you uploaded contains the index at the end.
    Here some sections of "best answer" (I still recommend to read the full post for more information!):
    [...] It means that the "tags" or "index" which hold the technical information about the video..and which is needed
    by most players..so it knows how to handle or play the video..is at the end instead of usually
    at the beginning...most players need this info before they start playing...some can guess it.
    In other case it means that the player will need to buffer the complete video first..before it can play it.

[...] So if you get this message..it means that you can expect problems..or that this video will not play
    correctly (to fast or to slow or not play at all..for example) when this video is embedded somewhere. [...]

Btw: It's already been noticed that the link in this post which leads to an application doesn't work but the post still contains some useful information.

Here is another useful link I found: Learn More: File format / editing tips for Apple users
    ...although I'm not sure what help it might be but check it out to find out yourself. :]

Anzeige

Silverclaw schrieb:

I found some information and links, which might be helpful. ;]

Click here The MOV/MP4 file you uploaded contains the index at the end.
    Here some sections of "best answer" (I still recommend to read the full post for more information!):
    [...] It means that the "tags" or "index" which hold the technical information about the video..and which is needed
    by most players..so it knows how to handle or play the video..is at the end instead of usually
    at the beginning...most players need this info before they start playing...some can guess it.
    In other case it means that the player will need to buffer the complete video first..before it can play it.

[...] So if you get this message..it means that you can expect problems..or that this video will not play
    correctly (to fast or to slow or not play at all..for example) when this video is embedded somewhere. [...]

Btw: It's already been noticed that the link in this post which leads to an application doesn't work but the post still contains some useful information.

Here is another useful link I found: Learn More: File format / editing tips for Apple users
    ...although I'm not sure what help it might be but check it out to find out yourself. :]

But why haven't I problems with this error message?

pelgro schrieb:

But why haven't I problems with this error message?

So do I (I'm uploading MOV files).
    I'm not sure... Perhaps it's related to the program and settings you use to render? Sorry, but I can't tell what is causing this problem. ^^'

Edit: I mean, I'm not getting that error message (so far).

FerretOutOfHell schrieb:

I uploaded Dozens of Videos with this error message. It does not do anything.

As I understand it, the error may cause problems, I think. :huh: Or in you case the issues are minimal so you don't recognize them. ^^ As I said, I'm not sure.

I'm using Camtasia Studio 6 and haven't got any problems nor this error message so far.

i got the same problem at some of my vids (just got that problem with "non 3D-Games" but i beleave this is doenst mean anything...)

YT will upload the video as always, just say "eh, dont like the way the data is builded!"

so far....
    HOW u fix it? dont know...im rendering the same way on every vid: but just on someones there this message

LaVedura schrieb:

Nix gegen dich aber es gibt auch ein englisches LPF...
    Nothing against you but there is also an English LPF ...

Erstmal, was ist der punkt dises posts? Ich meine, hatest du dir die 2 minuten gehnomen, nach zu kucken warum ich Englich in ein deutchen forum schreibe.(dar ich grade erst gejoined bin, hatest ja mall mein intro topic lessen konnen) Hattest nicht fragen brauchen. Und da sovieso jeder hier English can, und dises topic anscheint leute zu denken gebracht hat(also war is hielfreich) was ich nicht warum do complainen must.

Well danke fur die hilfe fon allen. Ich habe das jetz auch erst mal einfach ignoried, und die vid's funktunieren trotzdem. (bis jetz)

Lukas schrieb:

Well danke fur die hilfe fon allen. Ich habe das jetz auch erst mal einfach ignoried, und die vid's funktunieren trotzdem. (bis jetz)

And it's going to stay like that for forever and a day, believe me...

Well, your video works , you found a solution (ignoooooooooring it ;D), so may i close this thread now? ;D